Lone Cyprus

Lone Cyprus

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Long time, no update. Sorry.

I haven't felt like writing lately. Or maybe the truth is, everything I've wanted to write hasn't felt right to share. Sometimes, everyone doesn't need to know everything. I feel like it's a good thing to keep some things for just me and maybe a select few who are close. This doesn't mean there's been nothing going on though. I do have some medical updates for those concerned and a couple other things I'd like to share too.

I began taking Cellcept about a month ago now. After taking it for only 4 days, I began developing mouthsores. I contacted my doctor and she recommended I stop taking it until the sores healed. The did heal after several days and at my doctor's request began taking half the dose for a few weeks to sort of ease my body into taking it. I have been taking the full dose for almost a week with no problems and no side effects at all. So far so good...

I also went to see a pulmonologist last week at Vanderbilt. Everytime I think about this visit, I just can't believe how blessed I've been with finding amazing doctors who are caring and thorough. I have heard some pretty awful stories about some people who see doctors who don't listen or treat them with much respect. Thankfully, I haven't had ANY experiences like that. The pulmonologist addressed my pulmonary hypertension. He told me mine is mild but he did want to put me on some medication that would also help with Reynaud's (my blue, numb fingers in the cold). I'll follow up with both him and my rheumatologist in January.

I've had this increasing desire to share with my friends and family and supporters what has become of the money that was so kindly given and worked so hard for during the fundraising for the transplant. Because I wasn't able to get the transplant, the hospital paid all of the bills I racked up with tests and procedures in that first week with the money we had provided them. The remaining money was put back into the fundraising account here locally. This account is managed by a few of my family members and the remaining money will be used for medical bills (MD visits, medicines, tests, procedures, emergency care, etc). Because I am not insured, this money will basically serve as my insurance money over the next year and a half. I will hopefully be eligible for Medicare in the spring of 2011. I realize I am not REQUIRED to explain myself, however, the hard work and giving hearts of so many people make me realize the responsibility required of me and the respect I want to show. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I'm doing well. Life's funny. It's not easy all the time but I can't even explain how blessed I am. I got to spend a much needed weekend with my best friends in Gatlinburg and I'll leave in just a few days to go to Florida with my dad. The holidays with my family are just around the corner and I can't remember the last time I wanted to see winter so badly. Probably never. There are so many happy times to be had and warm memories to make!

1 comment:

  1. Jesus loves you Beth. He puts great doctors in your path. The money was raised with love and I am so glad it will help provide you medical care.:) Jesus loves you and I do too!

    ReplyDelete