Lone Cyprus

Lone Cyprus

Friday, September 11, 2009

Project Stem Cell Transplant: Day Four

Short and sweet today. My right heart cath has brought much anxiety and fear over the last few weeks. This morning, I found, it really isn't so bad. I was lucky because they could access a vein in my neck so I had a short recovery time. I had to stay for about an hour and half after the procedure only because they had given me a small dose of a mild sedative...told ya I was nervous! Beside the fact that it's creepy to have something in your neck, it really was quick and relatively painless. My arms are now official pin cushions as I had 2 more sticks today. The good news is the pressures in my heart and lungs are high but not high enough to keep me from getting the transplant. And even better, week one is over! I made it!

On a more "fun" note, my mom bought me an early birthday present! A City Pass, which is a booklet of tickets to go to some of the coolest tourist places here in Chicago. I'll get to go to the Adler Planetarium, The Field Museum, The Museum of Science and Industry, The Shedd Aquarium and today after a long nap, we went to the Observatory atop the John Hancock Center (94 floors high!). I took some cool pictures and there are amazing views of Chicago and Lake Michigan. I have company coming to visit this weekend and no tests until Tuesday! And right now, the bathtub and bed are calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment