Lone Cyprus

Lone Cyprus

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Kidneys and Football

I'm one of those people that spend their Sunday afternoon and evenings glued to the TV during the fall and winter months soaking in as much of the NFL as possible. I love football. So, I was no stranger to the man I saw as I walked into the dinner party I had gone with my dad to cater earlier this week. Former Super Bowl Champion quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, Troy Aikman. He was friendly and gracious enough to pose for a few pictures. He even came into my dad's restaurant for breakfast the next day and you better believe I didn't miss that either! It was a really fun, exciting experience for this small town girl.

Also, since I last posted I had a bit of an issue with what we thought were kidney stones, but thankfully were not. I did have an acute kidney infection and took a little trip to the ER. I'm not sure which hurt worse, my kidney or the fact that it caused me to miss the Def Leppard and Poison concert I had been looking forward to. Either way, the pain from both has passed and all is back to normal.

I also attended the Comedy Fundraiser in Indianapolis that my friend Claire organized in conjunction with her 30th birthday. The whole event went great and my face and stomach hurt when we left from smiling and laughing so much. What an incredibly talented group of people who are also incredibly kind to give their time for me. I had a blast!

I also wanted to take a minute and recognize an individual who has been a great help to our fundraising efforts. Months ago, Ed Ewing, who is a pal of my dad's, pledged a $10,000 contribution to the fund for my stem cell transplant. I hadn't seen him since May and I finally ran into him again this past week and he was kind enough to let me take a picture with him. He and his wife, Linda are so kind to donate in this huge way and I wanted them to know how much I appreciate their generosity. Thank you so much Ed and Linda!

Although I don't have an exact date yet, my mom and I plan to be heading to Chicago by the end of the month. I will update more as soon as I know and in the mean time, I covet your prayers and encouragement. Thank you all again for your love and support.

Grace and Peace to you.
Beth Ann

1 comment:

  1. Beth,
    Thank you for sharing your story through your blog. We want to be supportive and keep you in our prayers and with the blog our storm to heaven can be more specific!

    Best wishes on your journey!
    Cindia

    ReplyDelete